Position: Nurse (LPN or RN)
Every person has great value and worth.
Every person deserves to be treated with compassion, and
Striving to be exceptional happens in every moment of the day.
Peaceful Pines Senior Living Community is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, or disability.
Peaceful Pines Senior Living Community in Rapid City, SD is seeking a highly skilled, experienced Nurse (LPN or RN). The ideal candidate will have a compassionate attitude, impeccable bedside manner, great organization, communication, and computer skills.
This position is a fast-paced position in an assisted living and memory care setting requiring the perfect candidate to be driven, caring, reliable, and innovative.
This position will:
- Assist residents with their everyday life from dressing to taking vitals, collecting specimens to passing medications while collecting, tracking, and maintaining patient history through Peaceful Pines’ policies and procedures.
- Assist with jobs delegated by DON, Administrator, or other superiors as designated.
- Assist caregiving staff identify efficiencies, follow good nursing practices, and assist with quality assurance initiatives.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Most facilities say they “put the resident first”, but we are known as the best Assisted Living in the Black Hills providing “exceptional care and service with compassion”.
Ideal candidates are must possess a desire to enhance the quality of life for the residents of the facility.
Successful candidates will have:
- Valid unencumbered South Dakota Nursing License.
- Previous clinical and/or healthcare experience.
- Understanding of SD state healthcare standards and procedures.
- Excellent observation skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport with residents.
- Compassionate and caring demeanor.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and email programs.
- Familiarity with Point-Click Care desired, but not mandatory.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, track, and maintain patient history; record any new data.
- Quality assurance with audit paperwork and doctor orders
- Take vitals, including blood pressure, heart rate, temperature, etc.
- Change bandages and dressings
- Assist patients with personal hygiene
- Collect specimens; deliver them to the proper department
- Supervise nurse assistants and provide with the appropriate tasks
- Provide emotional support to patients and patients’ families; listen to concerns and feedback
- Take instruction from and report updates to registered nurse
- Report any unusual or drastic changes in patient behavior/symptoms; seek help from superiors when needed
- Follow state and federal mandated standards and procedures
Peaceful Pines offers:
- Competitive Wages
- Insurance benefits
- Excellent Retirement plan
- Longevity bonuses
- Fun, energetic work environment